The perfect couples’ private island getaway.
Lotus Loft is a stunning petite beauty, charming both inside and out, a perfect destination for relaxation. This transitional midcentury/modern cabin offers 360 degree views as far as the eye can see in a private setting, and offers all you need. Cottage yes, but fully equipped and upscale on an amazing lake that affords the feel of comfort and beauty in tandem.
Clean and pristine, 150 feet of beautiful waterfront. Decking runs almost the entire perimeter of cottage. Patio for dining and BBQ. Swim or fish right off the dock or go a bit further out, into Catalina Bay, perfect for paddling watercraft. Enjoy the best of both worlds – head to town (2 minute paddle to shore or 5 minute drive) or savour this zen retreat surrounded by water and nature. Once you get to the island – you won’t ever want to leave. It’s a complete decompression zone!
Although not large, experientially you get a lot for a little – truly a gem. In our opinion this cottage doesn’t hold a candle to many of the “mansions” around. It has all you need in one perfect little package to get a taste of Buckhorn, and all that Trent Severn has to offer.
You will love this bungalow! You are surrounded in a palpable relaxing vibe, and gorgeous ambiance “ahhh – insert deep breath here” the moment you step inside. Natural rock landscape greets you from the water. You arrive at the front door and enter the open concept main room – a full sitting room with a quaint and beautiful cabin style vibe. The main floor is 600 square feet and houses all including the bedroom and bathroom. The charming kitchen is fully equipped and has a killer lake view.
Cottage water: from lake – bring your own drinking water
One Bedroom / One Bathroom
Bedroom #1 Master: queen bed with walkout to balcony
Bathroom: 1 x 3 pc (sink, compost toilet, shower)
Although the Trent Severn is a weedy water zone, the weeds are controlled by using screens and constant maintenance. The waterfront is managed seasonally and the ability to utilize the water is vast. Our family utilizes the water front to wade, and float and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. When waterskiing and diving is preferred, a short kayak or boat ride to the deeper areas is recommended.
Water shoes not needed
Private – no direct neighbours although there are cottagers surrounding the island as it is located in the middle of the bay.
Beautiful view – overlooks the bay which is generally the quietest part of the big lake with mostly only cottagers, floating, swimming and or fishing on this waterfront.
You are near the quaint towns of Bobcaygeon and Buckhorn featuring the famous Kawartha Dairy, Kawartha Lakes Art Gallery, Bigley’s Shopping, Sandy Lake Beach and more. Sandy Lake Beach is a short drive away and is excellent for children of all ages. There are numerous golf courses in the area.
Lotus Loft Island Amenities
- Sleeps 2 in comfort and style
- 1 Bedroom - Queen, 1 Bathroom
- Pullout sofa
- Equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, kettle and crock pot
- A/C, WiFi, Satellite TV, DVD Player
- Cell Reception
- Beautiful Sunsets, Fire Pit, Flat Property
- Private, Child/Elderly Friendly
- Great Swimming, No Weeds
- Great Fishing
- Kayak, Paddleboat
- Board Games
- Winter Accessible
- Pet Friendly (TBD)
- Parking at Catalina Bay (TBD)
- Docking – 2 spots for boats off main docks
- Water taxi and/or paddleboats provided (100 m from boat launch)
Lotus Loft Island Property
- Waterfront: 150 feet around
- Child/elderly friendly – sloped from waterfront below main house as built on rock base. Flat bungalow style cottage with a few steps to all main docks and decks.
- Docks: large dock at water’s edge at entrance. Second and third docks at sides and rear with an additional balcony deck off master bedroom.
- Water is 6-10 feet deep at the end of the dock – can vary
- Deck runs almost full perimeter of cottage – can enjoy the ambiance of the surroundings and interior rain or shine.
- Island cottage so “Rock and Dock”, no beach
- Great swimming – best swimming is out in the middle of the bay, not at lake’s edge
Big Bald Lake Area
- On Big Bald Lake
- Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
- Nearest Towns: Buckhorn (5 km), Bobcaygeon (29 km), Fenelon Falls (46 km), Peterborough (35 km), Lindsay (63 km)
- Nearest City: Peterborough (35 km), Lindsay (63 km)
- Nearest Large City: Toronto (173 km
- Nearest Hospital: Peterborough Regional Health Centre (37 km), Ross Memorial Hospital, Lindsay (64 km)
- Nearest Ski Area: Conditions being favourable – can ski on Big Bald Lake just out of the bay area, Devil’s Elbow Ski Area (60 km)
- Nearest Boat Launch: Catalina Bay (9 km)
- Nearest Marina: Town & Country Marine (9 km)
- Nearest Beach: On-site
- Nearest Golf Course: Six Foot Bay Golf Course (14 km)
Lotus Loft Island Rates
High Season ( Fri 3pm - Fri 11am ) June 29 to Sept 3 2018 $1375/week (7 nights)
Mid Season May 18 to June 28 2018 & Sept 4 to Oct 8 2018 $388/night 2 night minimum ; $1175/week
Low Season Oct 10 2018 to May 17 2019 Closed
Long Weekends New Years, Family Day, Easter, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving $410/night 3 night minimum
Winter Holiday Season Dec 22 2018 to Jan 7 2019 Closed
Based on 2 people. $105/extra person. Maximum 4 people.
Rental rates include all booking fees and taxes, if applicable. Children under 1 year of age are free. If your weekly rental includes a statutory long weekend, the rental rate will be calculated as a combination of the Long Weekend Rate and the regular Weekly Rate.
A 50% deposit is due to confirm rental dates at time of booking (preferred method is Interac e-Transfer).
Outstanding balance + $500.00 damage deposit is due 28 days (4 weeks) prior to checking in.
The damage deposit will be returned to you by Interac e-Transfer upon check out or once the cottage and property have been inspected by the owner or his designate (within 7 business days).